A true performance road bike with race-winning DNA – delivering champagne experience for lemonade money.
Where it thrives
The open road, In competition
What it’s built for
Speed, Handling, Durability
- Exceptional Aluminum Performance: Everything we know about aluminum road bikes in one space – refined tube profiles, precision butting, and double-pass welds create frames that are lighter and ride better than our competitors’ high-ticket alloy offerings.
- Elite Race Geometry: With geometry influenced directly from our award-winning CAAD13 bike, the CAAD Optimo offers true race handling and optimal body position at all times.
- Ride Smoother: with SAVE Along with Optimo’s new dropped seatstay profile, finely engineered flex zones in the rear of the frame absorb road chatter for better comfort and control.
- Full Carbon Fork: Premium carbon fork features full carbon fiber construction and a tapered steerer, for ultra low weight, and maximum steering precision.
- Versatility Built In: Subtle rack and fender mounts expand CAAD Optimo’s versatility for commuting/wet weather training.
- Bottom Bracket: Cartridge, square taper
- Chain: Shimano HG71, 8-speed
- Crank: FSA Tempo, 50/34
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Claris, 31.8 clamp
- Rear Cogs: Shimano HG50, 11-30, 8-speed
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Claris
- Shifters: Shimano Claris, 8-speed
- Fork: CAAD Optimo Full Carbon, 1-1/8″ to 1-1/4″ steerer, fender mounts, 100x9mm QR
- Frame: SmartForm C2 Alloy, SAVE, tapered headtube, fender mounts, 130x9mm QR
- Headset: CAAD Optimo, 1-1/8″ to 1-1/4″, 25mm top cap
- Front Hub: Formula RB-31
- Rear Hub: Formula RB-32
- Rims: RS 3.0, 24h front, 28h rear
- Spokes: Stainless Steel, 14g
- Tire Size: 25
- Tires: Vittoria Zaffiro, 700 x 25c
- Wheel Size: 700c
- Brake Levers: Shimano Claris
- Brakes: Promax RC-452, dual pivot calipers
- Grips: Cannondale Bar Tape, 3.5mm
- Handlebar: 6061 alloy, Compact
- Saddle: Cannondale Stage CX
- Seatpost: Cannondale 4, 6061 Alloy, 27.2 x 350mm
- Stem: 6061 Alloy, 31.8, 7°