Trek Marlin 8 Mountain Bike Radioactive Red/Nautical
The Trek Marlin 8 is a race-worthy mountain bike that won’t break the bank. The smooth, lightweight RockShox fork, tubeless-ready wheels and wide-range 1x drive train make this model the best choice for new riders who want a fast cross-country hardtail that will hold its own against our higher-end race bikes.
It’s right for you if…
You want a race-ready mountain bike with upgrades on the parts that make a big difference in performance, like a lighter, higher-quality suspension fork, wide-range 1x drivetrain and tubeless-ready wheels.
The tech you get
A light frame with internal cable routing, a smoother-feeling RockShox Judy Silver fork with a Solo Air spring and TurnKey hydraulic lockout, Shimano hydraulic disc brakes, tubeless-ready Bontrager Kovee wheels and a simple 1×12 drivetrain that ditches the front derailleur for less clutter and easier operation. The wide-range 11-50 cassette gives you all the gears you need for clawing up climbs and blazing down descents.
The final word
The tubeless-ready wheels, RockShox suspension, wide range of gearing and quality parts make it an outstanding choice for new mountain bikers who know they want a serious bike for their money. It’s fully capable of taking on big trail adventures and XC races.
Why you’ll love it
- This is one of our most popular bikes for good reason. You get all the value, plus all the versatility – it’s a totally race-worthy mountain bike, with rear rack mounts if you use it for commuting too
- The RockShox fork’s Solo Air spring can easily be adjusted for a specific rider weight, and it’s lighter than a coil spring
- Suspension Lockout for more Pedaling Efficiency
- Setting your wheels up tubeless reduces the overall weight of your bike and the chances that you’ll get a flat
- The 1x drivetrain gives you all the gears you need and none you don’t
- Internal Cable Routing
|SIZE M/L||RIDER HEIGHT
172.75 – 180 cm
5’8.0″ – 5’11”
81.28 – 86.11 cm
32.0″ – 33.9″