Trek Wahoo 24 Kids Hybrid Bike Purple Abyss
Why you’ll love it
- Lightweight and capable: The Trek Wahoo 24 Kids Hybrid Bike Purple Abyss’s aluminium frame is strong and durable, but still light enough that it’s easy for kids to control
- Closed dropouts with Trek’s proprietary ThruSkew, a safety feature that ensures that the wheels will never drop out unintentionally
- A simple 1×8 drivetrain simplifies shifting so kids can focus on having fun!
- Investing in a kids bikes from an established bike brand is worth it – Trek kids’ bikes are designed and assembled by people who know bikes
- For kids aged 8-12, between 129.5- 149.8 cm (51-59˝) tall.
The Trek Wahoo 24 Kids Hybrid Bike Purple Abyss is right for you if…
You know riding is about having fun, and you want your little one to have a capable ride that’s easy to operate, easy to handle and versatile. Whether you’re riding as a family or commuting to school in the morning, Wahoo delivers one great ride after another.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Aluminium frame that’s easy for kids to pick up and manoeuvre, multi-surface tyres for traction on a variety of terrains and a 1×8 drivetrain that simplifies the shifting process so kids can focus on what matters: having fun!
The final word on the Trek Wahoo 24 Kids Hybrid Bike Purple Abyss
Wahoo is an all-purpose kids’ bike with great all-around performance. It’s light, practical, built for ease of use and a lot of fun to ride. Plus, it’s super easy to accessorise, so your little one can make it their own!
*spec applies to all sizes unless otherwise noted
|Fork||Wahoo 24″ alloy with ThruSkew|
|Hub front||Formula alloy, 100 mm ThruSkew|
|Hub rear||Formula FM32 alloy, 135×5 mm|
|Skewer rear||135×5 mm bolt-on|
|Rim||Alloy 24″, 28 h|
|Shifter||Shimano Altus M315, 8-speed|
|Rear derailleur||Shimano Altus M310|
|Crank||Alloy, 28 T steel chain ring w/guard, 152 mm length|
|Bottom bracket||Sealed cartridge|
|Cassette||Shimano HG31, 11-34, 8-speed|
|Chain||KMC Z8.3, 8 speed|
|Pedal||Kids’ 9/16″, platform|
|Saddle||Kid’s 24″ size, padded|
|Seatpost||Bontrager Comp, 6061 alloy, 27.2 mm, 8 mm offset, 250 mm length|
|Handlebar||Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 15 mm rise, 580 mm width|
|Stem||Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, Blendr-compatible, 7-degree, 60 mm length|
|Head set||VP 1-1/8″, semi-integrated|
|Brake lever||Kids’ alloy brake lever, black|
|Weight||9.58 kg / 21.11 lb|
|Weight limit||This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 175 lb (80 kg).|